Simply defined, ductless air conditioning systems (also known as mini-splits) link individual room units to an outdoor compressor. The indoor unit contains evaporator coils cooled with refrigerant. Warm air from the room blows over and is absorbed by the coils. From there, the refrigerant transfers all that inside heat to the outdoor unit.
A popular alternative to traditional air conditioners, mini-splits involve much less intrusive installation, blend in better with the room and are quieter and very energy efficient.
Benefits of a Ductless System
- More Comfort — Ductless systems distribute warm & cool air in open spaces more efficiently, especially if your home features a modern open floor plan style.
- No Renovation Needed — Maybe you have a room with an old window unit, or you are adding new living space to your home — a ductless system is an affordable alternative.
- Boost a Current Zone — If your current central air system struggles to keep an area of your home comfortable, add a ductless system to affordably solve this uneven temperature issue.
- Affordable Installations — Ductless systems do not require any ductwork & need just one installation point. In most cases, they can be installed and operational in a day.
- Cleaner Air — Ductwork builds up with dust, dander, debris & hair over the years. You typically need to clean out your ducts professionally every year or two depending on the volume of contaminants they are likely to collect.
- Efficient Running Costs — Ductless heating & cooling systems keep your home comfortable at a fraction of the cost of traditional heating & cooling methods.
- Year-Round Comfort — Ductless units can be used for all seasons because they emit heated & cooled air.
- Utility Cost Savings — CPS, or your local energy provider, may offer incentives to customers that install ductless systems. These incentives range from rebates to overall better efficiency.
- Warranties — Our ductless systems come with a 10-year manufacturer warranty and a 3-year warranty on the labor.
For inquiries on our expert HVAC maintenance services, give us a call at
(210) 446-0105 or click the link below. 👇